What windows you using?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: What windows you using?

Post by Merv on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:55 am

Another 7 user here. I have it dialed in just the way I like it. Unless whatever comes after 10 is much better, my next os will not be from M$.
Merv

Back to top Go down

Post by steveukgbr on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:03 am

Win Xp for old software i'm still using, 7 pro for playing with software and 10 pro for everyday use. Linux lappy for trying all the new distro's( Ubuntu Mate my fav at mo).
Took a while to get used to 10, but liking it more now(New machine builds only seems the way to go, doesn't like older kit Crying or Very sad )
steveukgbr

Back to top Go down

Post by randomforum on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Rarely XP but have a drive with it and then 7 + 8.1 + 10 and I dont even know why
randomforum

Back to top Go down

Post by pootie on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:38 pm

jrockz3000 wrote:
Riser wrote:
jrockz3000 wrote:For those who are still using XP, how do you keep your system secure? I know it's of course Microsoft, but since MS is not patching XP any longer it's why I ask.

My best advice is that the best security is the person behind the computer/device. If you're knowledgeable enough with Microsoft Windows or any other OS and devices, you'll do fine. By knowledgeable, I mean like you know lot's about the OS, etc. On my Windows 8 Machine, it's hardened yet severely outdated regarding Windows update. Why outdated? Because I'm lazy. xD If I feel like exploring with Windows XP and hardening it, I'll write up a guide.

I hear ya. I personally am done with XP. No use for it any longer. Smile

I have everything from xp to 10 here including debian and ubuntu.

Updates turned off on everything. Will only patch real serious flaws.

XP is best for security with all security turned OFF. New boogers use .Net 4+ which xp cant use. As well as other dlls. I can click all day on LIVE boogers to no ill effects.
However system is hardened through the years in other ways (hosts, hacks, etc).Dont use AV . Catch a booger once a year, kill it in a half hour.

If you know your system and know it well and save resources to protect at vector ENTRY points - And realize updates are not your friend - you can turn a honeypot into a battletank. The AV is YOU, not software.
pootie

Back to top Go down

windows 10

Post by turk78 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:05 pm

plumeter wrote:I'm using win 7 don't like win 8 win 10 lol. Win 7 is really fast and no troubles with softwares and stuff. Tell me what your using?
turk78

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2